Re: [xsl] List item display

Subject: Re: [xsl] List item display
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:45:38 -0500
<xsl:number count="orderedlist/listitem"
level="any" from="manual"/>

is your problem (as I bet you know).

Try this instead:

<xsl:number count="listitem" from="orderedlist"/>

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

siarom egrub <egrubs@xxxxxxxxx>
09/19/2005 04:05 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[xsl] List item display

Hi All!

I am trying to have the <listitem>s in an
<orderedlist> to display numerical values. The XSLFO
template below that I've developed is displaying zeros
"0" for all the list items. Could someone please
inform me what I am doing incorrectly here, or the
correct way to accomplish this task?

Thanks in advance for your help!

~S.E.

=======XSLFO TEMPLATE========

<xsl:template match="orderedlist/listitem/para">
   <fo:list-block provisional-label-separation="4em"
provisional-distance-between-starts="4em">
     <fo:list-item>
       <fo:list-item-label start-indent="2mm"
end-indent="label-end()">
                  <fo:block>
                      <xsl:number count="orderedlist/listitem"
level="any" from="manual"/>
                  </fo:block>
       </fo:list-item-label>
       <fo:list-item-body>
                   <fo:block
start-indent="6mm"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:block>
       </fo:list-item-body>
     </fo:list-item>
   </fo:list-block>
</xsl:template>

=======XML Snippet========

<orderedlist>
    <listitem>
      <para>First list item.</para>
    </listitem>
    <listitem>
      <para>Second list item.</para>
    </listitem>
    <listitem>
      <para>Third list item.</para>
    </listitem>
</orderedlist>

The current output (display) is like this:

0 First list item.
0 Second list item.
0 Third list item.

This is the output (display) that I want:

1. First list item.
2. Second list item.
3. Third list item.