RE: [xsl] Strict sequential identity rule?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Strict sequential identity rule?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:44:53 +0100
> When you
> run the pre-processed stylesheet against some input document,
> the result
> is a complete report of every rule that was invoked in the
> stylesheet,
> in the hierarchy in which it was executed. I think this could be a
> lightweight but tremendously handy debugging tool in and of
> itself.

It sounds rather similar to Saxon's -T trace. It would probably be a handy
addition to -T to show when the built-in templates are executed. Trouble is,
it's easy to add features but much harder to ensure that the people who
would benefit from them actually know about the features.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/