Re: [xsl] permalink

Subject: Re: [xsl] permalink
From: "Joris Gillis" <roac@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:13:47 +0200

At 10:50 PM +0200 9/22/05, Joris Gillis wrote:
How can I link to a thread, or - if not possible - a post on this
mailing list?

Let's say I am looking at an interesting mail I'd like to reference
to in a web page.
I ask my user agent to display all e-mail headers.
What header should I pick, and to what web service should I feed it
to obtain a permalink?

I know I can go looking at biglist, trying to locate the mail and
linking it thus, but I was wondering if there was a more direct way.

There is no more direct way that I know of.
Really not? I thought I was just being infinitely ignorant. I suspected that ID and/or permalinks would have been available from the day that e-mail or usenet was invented.

I will look into what it
would take to provide this capability, but make no promises.
Thanks, a million. What a quick reaction and what a keen List Owner! I can hardly believe this;-)

regards,
--
Joris Gillis (http://users.telenet.be/root-jg/me.html)
B+Error, keyboard not foundb press F1 to continueB; , BIOS