Re: [xsl] Create a DTD ATTLIST whose values contain spaces

Subject: Re: [xsl] Create a DTD ATTLIST whose values contain spaces
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:57:58 +0300
Hi Aron,

> Is there a way to express this in a DTD?

No, you cannot do that with DTDs.

> Would schemas help?

Yes, look at simpleType/restriction/enumeration for XML Schema and choice/value for Relax NG.

Best Regards,
George
--
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Aron Bock wrote:
Hello,

I want to create a DTD, specifying an attribute whose values may contain spaces. My intent in creating this is so that I may then use it with any of various editors that provide code completion to then create target xml files more easily.

For example, the following works:

<!ATTLIST resourceUnit foo (apple|battle) #IMPLIED >

By this doesn't (ostensibly because of the spaces; I want att values "apple man", "battle man"):

<!ATTLIST resourceUnit foo (apple man|battle man) #IMPLIED >

Is there a way to express this in a DTD? Would schemas help?

Thanx

--A

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee. Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963