Re: [xsl] Specifying the XHTML XMLNS

Subject: Re: [xsl] Specifying the XHTML XMLNS
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:09:34 +0100
> If I specify it using xsl:attribute I finally get the xmlns
> attribute specified in many nodes instead of only in the <html> one.

that would be a bug in your XSLT processor. If you specify an attribute
name xmlns or starting with xmlnns: then you are supposed to get a fatal
error and no output at all.

Your stylesheet has:

which means html in no-namespace, if you want that (and all other
unprefixed literal result eleemnts) to mean elements in xhtml then
you need them to be in the xhtml namespace so add
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
to your xsl:stylesheet element. Note that this is essentially just an
issue about how xml namespaces are specified in teh xml namespace rec,
Its not really a special xslt rule.

unrelated but

      <xsl:attribute name="xml:lang">es</xsl:attribute>

is a lot more verbose than you need, why not juse

David

http://www.star.net.uk