Re: [xsl] Basic question about Namespace handling in XPath 1.0 (not necessarily related to XSLT)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Basic question about Namespace handling in XPath 1.0 (not necessarily related to XSLT)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:17:21 +0100
> the namespace mappings available in scope to the context node will be
> the deciding factor, right?. Pls, correct me if I am wrong.

The namespace mappings used for prefixes in an XPath never depend on the
namespace mappings in thee source node. XPath APi other than XSLT have
specific API calls to set up the namespace bindings  in which to
evaluate the XPath expression. Details depend on the API of course.

David

http://www.star.net.uk