Re: [xsl] Processing IDREFS attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Processing IDREFS attributes
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:39:46 -0500
Hi,

I'd like to know which processor Dan is running.

At 10:52 PM 11/1/2005, Ken wrote:
then you should be able to say:

  <xsl:for-each select="id(@references)/@id">
    <xsl:if test="position()>1"> </xsl:if>
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
  </xsl:for-each>

A slight twist on this does what I wanted, which was to go find the element that has the ID:

  <xsl:for-each select="id(@references)/@id">
    <xsl:value-of select="id(.)"/>
  </xsl:for-each>

This produces the content of the element with the assigned ID. Without it, I just got the id value.

This could be

<xsl:for-each select="id(@references)">
  <xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:for-each>

couldn't it? Since you're no longer reporting the value of the attribute (as Ken was), no need to traverse there (and then call id() again).

With my original code with added context:
<xsl:templete match='foo'>
<xsl:for-each select="id(@references)">
        <xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

It didn't loop for one problem, so there was only a single output, instead of two values as I expected. The output was just the same value as my @references content.

I can't fathom what is going on and why the @references is just being repeated ... that code should have given you the concatenated string values of the elements whose ID typed attribute has a value in the tokenized set of values of the @reference node.

That's why I'd like to know which processor this is, to try and reproduce this.

Cheers,
Wendell