RE: [xsl] Java enterprise edition

Subject: RE: [xsl] Java enterprise edition
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:14:15 -0000
> As I understand it there are two common enterprise platforms:
>    .Net Framework (MS), and J2EE (Sun).
>
> I have always used JDK (I think its currently v1.5) for Java
> I am about to do  a clean install and thinking of starting afresh with
> the enterprise edition (J2EE). On the basis of what does more also
> does less.
>
> Three questions
>     Does Saxon(paid for) work with J2EE?
>     Does code written JDK(1.5ish) still work on J2EE

In general the answer to both questions is yes; but I think you need a
better understanding of what J2EE offers before you go much further, and
that's definitely OT for this list. There are plenty of people running
enterprise Java applications without using a J2EE platform.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/