Re: [xsl] noNamespaceSchemaLocation

Subject: Re: [xsl] noNamespaceSchemaLocation
From: andrew welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:10:55 +0000
> Hi... I am not sure if this is the right place to ask the Schema related
> question.
>
> I am having a problem loading a XML document containing a path to schema. I
> am using the MSXML parser from an C++ application to load the XML document.
>
> If I have a schema path, it is taking about 5 minutes to load the document
> <dmodule
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.s1000d.org/S1000D_2-2/xml_schema/dm
/procedSchema.xsd"
>  >

> If I remove the schema statement, document loads just fine. Any ideas??

I seem to remember that particular schema uses a lot of "dangling
references" which SaxonSA had a hard time dealing with until Mike made
a few changes - so it's possible MSXML is having a similar problem.
You could test this by taking a local copy of the schema, modifying
the noNamespaceSchemaLocation to point to your local copy and then see
if it still takes five minutes.

If it does, try it with a different processor.  Ultimately do you need
to validate the data for every transform? - you may be able to
validate once, transform many, depending on your needs and where the
data comes from.