Re: [xsl] xquery to xslt update

Subject: Re: [xsl] xquery to xslt update
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:59:35 GMT
> How does this fit into it? Where do I get it from, and what do I do
> with it?

I see Michael answered this.
http://www.w3.org/XML/Query/test-suite/

> Which catalog? How is it specified?

It's part of the test suite, it lists all th teests, and any input
files and expected reults or error conditions.

> I trust that there should be some way of automating this. You can't
> seriously be suggesting that I type in command lines for every test.

but your typing is so much more accurate than mine....

Well no, minimally I'd run some XSLT over the catalogue to write out the
command lines, but even that, depending on your environment, may not make
sense. I currently use saxon8 as a back end to execute the generated
xslt, and you don't really want to use the command line to start up the
JVM 8000 times in quick succession, so I use a stylesheet that traverses
the catalogue and then calls saxon extension functions to recursively
call itself to a) transform each XQuery to XSLT, and then b) execute the
generated XSLT and c) compare with the expected result.

This test harness does of course use saxon specific extensions but the
basic xq2xsl transform is written in pure xslt2 with no product specific
extensions.

the test harness stylesheet is
http://monet.nag.co.uk/xq2xml/xq2xsl.xsl

The W3C finally released the parser applet last night as well!
http://www.w3.org/2005/qt-applets/xqueryApplet.html

David

http://www.star.net.uk