Re: [xsl] Converting Flat XML to Hierarchical structure using xsl.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Converting Flat XML to Hierarchical structure using xsl.
From: Ragulf Pickaxe <ragulf.pickaxe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:32:24 +0100
Hi Raj,

It is a little much more than I can easily look at.

I would recommend you to split the problems into
1) Flat-to-hierarchical
2) The output that you want.

I think you would already have a solution if the data was in the
structure that you want in your output. So I would concentrate on 1).

Create a smaller sample version of what you are trying to achieve. The
first try should be as simple as possible. When this works (and does
what is expected), you can add more and more complexity to your
problem.

If you encounter problems, using this approach, it should be a lot
easier to give a small sample of the problem, and descripe in better
detail what exactly goes wrong.

(Perhaps others on this list do have better time, and are already on
their way giving help to your problem, but in general, the more
reading required, and the less specifically the problem is descriped,
the less chance of answers)

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)