RE: [xsl] Conditionally use attribute sets?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Conditionally use attribute sets?
From: "Haarman, Michael" <mhaarman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:07:14 -0600

Quite the same here.  I find the inheritance mechanism of attribute-sets to
be quite handy.  For FO applications, one often builds large collections of
attribute-sets that inherit from one another: body styles inherit font
sizes, etc. so that changes at a granular level can cascade throughout many
defined styles.  One may use import precedence of the stylesheets within
which the sets are defined as a very clean mechanism for localization and
customization.  Less-skilled users may make modifications to reports; yet
one only exposes those sets of properties one chooses to make configurable.
New application level styles can be propagated without trodding upon local
resets.

A web presentation layer can benefit in a similar fashion from such
treatment.

Mike

Mike Haarman,
XSL Developer,