Re: [xsl] Retaining Comments

Subject: Re: [xsl] Retaining Comments
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:59:01 GMT
> I note that when I create (copy) an XSLT from another XSLT and the source
> contains comments, these are not copied across.

It's allowed for the XML parser used to parse the input to discard
comments, and if they are gone, they are gone, XSLT can't get them
back. However I've never actually seen an XSLT system that uses such an
input parser, so most likely they are there, and if so you can copy them
with xsl:copy or xsl:copy-of, just as for any other node. Are you
applying templates to comment nodes?

David

http://www.star.net.uk