Re: [xsl] For-each and keys()

Subject: Re: [xsl] For-each and keys()
From: Steve <subsume@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 13:22:02 -0400
On 8/2/06, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We are talking about a capitalized D here! No there are other errors as well, and they may be the cause of the problem, which is why I highlighted them, but you seemed to take offence to that.

No offense taken I assure you. The conundrum I had with Andrew's posting is really a moot point because regardless of the top-level confusion earlier, the output is still the same.

> My current XSL has the problem of not using key in a meaningful way
> (always returns 0) and also produces a row for each Record, although
> it does order them by type.
>
> XSL goes something like:
>
> <xsl:key name="options" match="option" use="@type" />
> <xsl:key name="oldID" match="Record" use="disabPrimary" />
> <xsl:variable name="$Definitions" select="Document(Disabilities.xml)"
> />

There are three errors in that last line, two are syntax errors that
would be reported by the xslt system (so I assume they are not in your
real code) so perhaps you had

<xsl:variable name="Definitions" select="document(Disabilities.xml)"/>

Wow. Yes, my apologies, there is an extant '$'. I refer you to the "not perfect" argument I sorted to earlier.

If so then the argument of document() is the node set of elements with
name Disabilities.xml which is empty so $Definitions will be empty which
may well cause you to not get the result you expect

or perhaps you had

<xsl:variable name="Definitions" select="document('Disabilities.xml')"/>

how are we to know?

Earlier you typed 'teh,' how am I to know you weren't making a shorthand reference to Tehran? In the same way, "how am I to know?" ....I suppose this is where likeliness comes in.

--Steve