[xsl] document() and public ID

Subject: [xsl] document() and public ID
From: Mark Fletcher <dafletcha@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 23:59:21 -0700 (PDT)
Hi there,

I'm sorry if this has been answered before.

I'm using Saxon 6.5 and trying to use document() to reference an
external file. The file is found OK, but the file's DOCTYPE declaration
is causing a problem because the public id apparently isn't being
resolved and the system id is invalid (in the context of the working
directory). I've tried using xml:base to provide to the dtd location
and specifying a full path for document(), but this doesn't seem to
help.
Currently, my only workarounds seem to be: a) comment out the DOCTYPE
declaration, b) provide a full path in the DOCTYPE system id, c) copy
the dtd file to the working directory.

I'm doing this transform via a 3rd party application, so I'm not able
to create a custom resolver class and point to it. Do I have any other
options?

Thanks!
Mark