Re: [xsl] Problem with embeded XHTML in an XML file and transformation to XSL:FO

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem with embeded XHTML in an XML file and transformation to XSL:FO
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 22:37:51 +0200 (CEST)
andrew welch wrote:

> That's an interesting point - can you have a well-formed
> XML document that isn't namespace-well-formed?

  The following document is well-formed (as per "Extensible
Markup Language (XML)") but not namespace-well-formed (as
per "Namespaces in XML"):

    <!-- No namespace declaration. -->
    <a:elem>
      <!-- More than one colon. -->
      <a:b:elem/>
    </a:elem>

> Is it that "well-formed" existed before namespaces came
> along, and now saying "well-formed" means both?

  Strictly speaking, I don't think "well-formed" as nothing
to do with namespaces.  A lot of XML tools now support
"Namespaces in XML" (so restrict the possible document
instances), and it is convenient to say "well-formed" for
both the well-formedness defined in the XML REC and the
namespace-well-formedness.

  But I'm not a namespaces expert.  Maybe someone here will
can confirm.

  Regards,

--drkm

 p5.vert.ukl.yahoo.com uncompressed/chunked Sun Aug 13 20:13:39 GMT 2006

Dicouvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet !
Yahoo! Questions/Riponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expiriences.
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com