RE: [xsl] [XSLT, Version 1] Stylesheet to embed a chunk of XML into HTML?

Subject: RE: [xsl] [XSLT, Version 1] Stylesheet to embed a chunk of XML into HTML?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:35:54 +0100
> I am writing a stylesheet which outputs HTML.  My stylesheet
> pulls in a chunk of XML from an XML file and then stuffs it
> within the HTML <body> element.  Here's what I want my
> stylesheet to generate:

I've just published my test results for the XQuery test suite at

http://www.saxonica.com/conformance/xqts100/SaxonResults.html

including a report of tests that required manual inspection at

http://www.saxonica.com/conformance/xqts100/inspection.html

For the inspection report I had exactly the same problem. The solution I
used was this:

  <xmp>
          <xsl:value-of select="unparsed-text(...)"
                        disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
  </xmp>

Pretty horrible having to use two deprecated features, I agree. But my
priority was to publish the information not to write a perfect stylesheet!

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/