Re: [xsl] Using attributes with XPath

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using attributes with XPath
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:15:02 +0530
On 8/24/06, Mike Ferrando <mikeferrando@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thus for a beginner in XSLT, my comment about attributes stands. Certainly, it
is more than obvious that an attribute must have some relationship
with the element it stands with, it cannot be floating in space.

The fact is, element may have attributes, and an attribute belongs to an element. How can we model this relationship? Different technologies have taken different view. XPath thinks that attribute is not on the child axis of an element, and on parent axis of attribute we can find the element to which it is tied. That's how the semantics are defined for the XPath data model. I find this perfectly ok.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi

http://gandhimukul.tripod.com