Re: [xsl] namespace problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] namespace problem
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:55:18 +0300
Hi Markus,

There is no specified schema for XSLT 1.0, you may eventually use the one for XSLT 2.0 or try to see if TRANG gets you a getter schema for XSLT 1.0 from the DTD. Alternatively and better IMO will be to use an XSLT editor to write your stylesheets rather than an XML editor with the XSLT schema.

In the second case

>   xsi:exclude-result-prefixes="xsi"
----^^^^

the attribute is exclude-result-prefixes from no namespace and not from the schema instance namespace, so you need

exclude-result-prefixes="xsi"

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Markus Innerebner wrote:
Hello I am trying to create a docbook element via xslt and now I have
two questions / problems:

1. I am using eclipse wtp for creating my xslt.  I am adding to my
namespaces their corresponding schemalocation files.
    For xslt I wasn"t able to find a relevant xsd file, so I tried to
create one by using a tool dtd2xsd , but eclipse during code completion
has problem with that file.
    Does somebody know, where I can find a working xslt xsd file?

2. In my generated docbook there appears in the root element (book) some
attributes, which I neither will have, nor have I specified them in my
xslt file.
    In the book xslt programmer reference I (2nd edition) I did not find
other attributes to avoid that behaviour.

**** content of myxslt.xsl *****
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:transform version="1.0"
xmlns="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xmlschema/4.1.2";
xsi:schemaLocation="
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform ../xsd/xslt10.xsd
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xmlschema/4.1.2
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xmlschema/1.0b1/docbook.xsd";
xsi:exclude-result-prefixes="xsi" >

<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"
omit-xml-declaration="no" doctype-public="-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
doctype-system="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd"/>

    <!-- ... rest of code .. -->
    </xsl:transform>

    *** generated docbook file  ********
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd";>
    <book xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xmlns="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xmlschema/4.1.2"; lang="en">
        <bookinfo>