Re: [xsl] What is a better word for "de-duplication"?

Subject: Re: [xsl] What is a better word for "de-duplication"?
From: "Jay Bryant" <jay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:21:54 -0500
> "factorised nodes" best serves my needs.

However, I won't understand what you mean unless I remember this
conversation.

I would much prefer "de-duplicate".

Of course, I would also much prefer "uniquify".

Wendell Piez wrote:

> I'm afraid "uniquify" is even worse, being a monstrous concoction
> of French and Latin, pressed or molded in English. :-)

If a little French and Latin gets into this melange we call English, it'll
just have to fend for itself.

I am reminded of an amusing (to me) quotation:

"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other
languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets
for new vocabulary." - James Nicoll

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services