Re: [xsl] match multiple values for an attribute

Subject: Re: [xsl] match multiple values for an attribute
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:27:44 +0200 (CEST)
Jeff Sese wrote:

  Hi

> I have an xml with elements like these:

> <par @style="font-family: some.font.name; some.more.string">some
> text</par>

> and i have an variable in my xsl file like this:

> <xsl:variable name="fonts" as="xs:string+"
> select="('font1','font2')"/>

> i want to match the text nodes that are child of an
> element with a style attribute that matches any of the
> fonts in $fonts. What is the xpath expression that can do
> that?

  It depends.  The most simple way is to use contains().  It
is not the a perfect way, but it can be acceptable if the
font names are complex enough and you know you'll never have
them as substring of @style but for font names.

  It depends also if you use XSLT 1.0 or 2.0, and if you
have EXSLT support for regexp.

  In the worst case (plain XSLT 1.0 and you must to match
exactly the format of @style), you'll have to parse the
string.  For example:

    named template STYLE-MATCH-FONT-P:
      input: string
      return: boolean
      if not(string)
        return FALSE
      else
        property <- substring-before($string, ';')
        name <- normalize-space(substring-before($property, ':'))
        if $name = 'font-familiy'
          value <- normalize-space(substring-after($property, ':'))
          if $value = $fonts
            return TRUE
          else
            return FALSE
        else
          STYLE-MATCH-FONT-P(substring-after($string, ';'))

  You'll have to adapt it to your precise problem: can
'font-family' appear several times in the string?, can its
value contain several font names?, etc.

  Reagrds,

--drkm

 p4.vert.ukl.yahoo.com uncompressed/chunked Wed Aug 30 08:13:42 GMT 2006

Yahoo! Mail riinvente le mail ! Dicouvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface rivolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com