RE: [xsl] XML Question

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML Question
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 23:50:49 +0100
The stylesheet you are using calls msxsl:node-set(), which is a
vendor-specific extension function for the MSXML processor, but you are
running it (judging by the familiar error message) using Saxon.

I can't actually see why the stylesheet needs to call msxsl:node-set(). In
the construct

<xsl:value-of select="msxsl:node-set($theResult)"/>

$theResult is a result-tree-fragment; msxsl:node-set() is converting it to a
node-set, and xsl:value-of is then converting the node-set to a string. I
think this always gives the same result as converting the
result-tree-fragment directly to a string, which you can write as
<xsl:value-of select="$theResult"/>

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/