Re: [xsl] Open Source - Excel to XML Converter

Subject: Re: [xsl] Open Source - Excel to XML Converter
From: "Iñaki Arrieta Baro" <zerrendak.iabaro@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 00:14:06 +0200
- Save your file in .csv (Comma-separated values) format using pipe
like field separator carachter. You can do this with any spreadsheet.

- Apply this AWK script:

BEGIN{<books>;FS="\|"}
END{</books>}

Iqaki

I am looking for an easy way to create an XML data
file.

For example I have my xml data structure like this:

<books>

<book>
<isbn>1234</isbn>
<title></title>
</book>

<book>
<isbn>1234</isbn>
<title></title>
</book>

</books>

It's a bit tedious to create this file manually and
was looking to enter the data in an Excel spread sheet
and then use a converter to convert from Excel to XML.

Does any one know a good converter?

-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Iqaki Arrieta Baro http://www.dokulan.net Dokumentazioaren inguruko berriak euskaraz ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~