Re: [xsl] text() vs xs:string serialization (was: Re: [xsl] text extraction)

Subject: Re: [xsl] text() vs xs:string serialization (was: Re: [xsl] text extraction)
From: "James A. Robinson" <jim.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:22:37 -0700
>   No, it is done while constructing the result tree, before the
> serialization process.  You can see how the result of a sequence
> constructor is used in '5.7 Sequence Constructors.  See in particular
> 5.7.1/3 and 5.7.2/5.

Thank you all for the pointers, this is very helpful.  I'm somewhat
confused at the references from some of the people regarding the
next section, Constructing Simple Content, vs. this section above,
Constructing Complex Content.  Perhaps my understanding is still
faulty, but it seems as though the code I was referring to would
fall into the Complex Content category, as you indicate?

Jim

James A. Robinson                       jim.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Stanford University HighWire Press      http://highwire.stanford.edu/
+1 650 7237294 (Work)                   +1 650 7259335 (Fax)