Re: [xsl] De-Duplification revisited (Was: Re: [xsl] What is a better word for "de-duplication"?)

Subject: Re: [xsl] De-Duplification revisited (Was: Re: [xsl] What is a better word for "de-duplication"?)
From: "Jay Bryant" <jay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 18:40:39 -0500
My grandfather (a farmer) used to refer to the heart of a kernel of corn (maize) as the nub, so nubbing something would be getting to its heart. He referred to an ear of corn that didn't fully form as a nubbin, too.

But is getting to something's heart the same as de-duplicating it?

I'm not trying to throw rocks at your idea. I would also like to find (or invent) a word for de-duplication, but "nub" (and hence "nubbing" and "nubbed") doesn't strike me as the right word. It's closer than our earlier ideas, but it doesn't give me that "aha! that's it!" feeling.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>