Re: [xsl] short and long empty xml elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] short and long empty xml elements
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:49:10 +0100
On 10/13/06, Stephan Kahnt <stephan.kahnt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi List,

a need to create a xml document that does not contain short empty elements
parser of the target system does not recognize the first version. I use xalan
or saxon. Is there a way to control the kind of output in XSLT ? Currently I
run a sed command to replace the first by the second version.

You can insert comments into the result to prevent tag minimisation, or use the XHTML output method XSLT 2.0 (you can use this with a 1.0 stylesheet).

cheers
andrew