Re: [xsl] Multi-grouping with keys (back of book index)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Multi-grouping with keys (back of book index)
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:54:08 +0530
Thanks Mike for pointing the error. I mistakenly thought, that value
of select attribute of xsl:copy-of is an attribute value template. But
I just checked the spec; which says it is of type expression.

I have a question.. How do you as XSLT language designer decide, which
attributes (covering the whole XSLT/XPath language) will be attribute
value template, and which not? As a XSLT programmer, what rule of
thumb should I follow, that which attributes are attribute value
templates, and which not?

On 10/22/06, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> May be this is probably:
> <xsl:copy-of select="document('{.}')//indexterm" />

No, you never use curly braces inside an XPath expression. You just want

document(.)//indexterm

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--