Re: [xsl] Newbie question on XSL transformations: multiple sorts on element attr

Subject: Re: [xsl] Newbie question on XSL transformations: multiple sorts on element attr
From: Marco <spinmar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:07:02 +0100
Abel Braaksma ha scritto:
Marco wrote:

Colin Adams ha scritto:

You are still not being clear. Apparently you are using two languages now - C and XSLT. And you still want to be able to use ONE??
Maybe using other words it's more clear.
I'd like to use only one language (C) for my business logic and to call the xslt engine.
Now I use c for business logic and in my presentation layer I call C api of libxslt to apply stylesheets to my data (formatted in xml).

Then, what is the hassle of trying to get an XSLT Engine written in C? I use Eclipse for developing Perl programs, but I do not need Eclipse to be build in Perl, I just use its functionality, the internals are not important. With any XSLT engine it is the same.

(It's been a while that I've seen somebody still using C, I loved the language back in the 80's and early 90's, later I switched to C++). Saxon has an API you can call, also from C, though you may have some trouble getting the bridge right.
Using c-to-java bridge, right?
You already use an API, so there is little you need to change (apart from the interface, of course). Inquiries on how to call Saxon should better go to the Saxon mailing list.
Good. Thanks very much.
I'll investigate on it.

--Abel