RE: [xsl] Graphics scaling on XSLFO - need suggestions

Subject: RE: [xsl] Graphics scaling on XSLFO - need suggestions
From: "Angela Williams" <Angela.Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:49:43 -0600
No - your code doesn't work for me, either.

See http://www.renderx.net/lists/xep-support/2089.html for more info on
scaling graphics.

If your page margins are defined as 8.5 x 11, I believe you need to
subtract the top and bottom page margin AND the top and bottom body
margin to determine the allowable height of the graphic (likewise, the
left and right page and body margins to determine the max width.)

In my case, I am using .5in margins for both page and body (1in total
all around), so the I believe the max allowable height of the graphic
would be 9in for an 11in page-height BUT the max width would only be
6.5in.

I set the height and width to equal the max values and used
scale-to-fit.

<xsl:attribute-set name="first-page-body-margins">
A)    <xsl:attribute name="margin-top">.5in</xsl:attribute>
B)    <xsl:attribute name="margin-bottom">.5in</xsl:attribute>
C)    <xsl:attribute name="margin-left">.5in</xsl:attribute>
D)    <xsl:attribute name="margin-right">.5in</xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:attribute-set>

  <xsl:attribute-set name="first-page-margins">
E)    <xsl:attribute name="page-height">11in</xsl:attribute>
F)    <xsl:attribute name="page-width">8.5in</xsl:attribute>
G)    <xsl:attribute name="margin-top">.5in</xsl:attribute>
H)    <xsl:attribute name="margin-bottom">.5in</xsl:attribute>
I)    <xsl:attribute name="margin-left">.5in</xsl:attribute>
J)    <xsl:attribute name="margin-right">.5in</xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:attribute-set>

E - A - B - G - H = 9in max height
F - C - D - I - J = 6.5 max width

<fo:external-graphic content-height="scale-to-fit" height="9in"
content-width="scale-to-fit" width="6.5in" src="url({@href})"/>