Re: [xsl] Misunderstanding named initial template and precedence rules?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Misunderstanding named initial template and precedence rules?
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:45:48 +0100
Michael Kay wrote:
Yes, it's a Saxon bug. Also affects saxon:call-template which allows
run-time selection of a template by name.

I reported it to your Saxon list ;)

Btw, I found (well, ehhrrrmm, David did, actually) the following workaround for the time being:

<xsl:template name="main" >
   <xsl:call-template name="alt-main" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="alt-main">
   ... all code from the original main here ....
</xsl:template>

Now I can safely override the "alt-main" in the initial stylesheet. Overriding "main" is not possible (and for my own implementation, I cannot safely change the name), but this works pretty well.

-- Abel Braaksma