Re: [xsl] <quote>XSL is NOT easy</quote>

Subject: Re: [xsl] <quote>XSL is NOT easy</quote>
From: Kamal Bhatt <kbhatt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:34:16 +1000
M. David Peterson wrote:

Can't help but agree 100%. In addition, via Jeni Tennison @ http://www.jenitennison.com/blog/node/30

<quote>
With that in mind, look at how Ruby on Rails is marketed. A big play is made of how easy it is. But if a language or framework is easy then people with low self-efficacy canbt win: if they manage to do something with it then they havenbt really achieved very much because anyone can do it; if they donbt manage to do something with it then theybre complete idiots. Ibm not saying that we should advertise languages or frameworks as being hard, because obviously that can put people off as well, but a recognition of the barriers that people might face may, in a strange way, make them more approachable.

This is also an issue for trainers: we need to be able to boost the self-efficacy of the people we train (particularly women) by setting them challenging (but achievable) tasks and not giving them too much help to achieve them.
</quuote>
Why particularly women? Not that anyone outside of Jeni Tennison could answer that.

--
Kamal Bhatt