RE: [xsl] [XSL] Accessing part of the result tree illustrated with "The Sudoku solver" example.

Subject: RE: [xsl] [XSL] Accessing part of the result tree illustrated with "The Sudoku solver" example.
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 12:55:52 +0100
> [I wonder if any XSL processor would be optimized enough to
> free the heap at this point, assuming params go to heap and
> it stack pointers. For the stack you are definitely stuck at
> least with pointers to {invalid} heap and return address]

The better XSLT processors will implement "tail call optimization" so that a
recursive call done as the last thing before a function exits reuses the
existing stack-frame rather than creating a new one.

However, I suspect in Sudoku that your maximum recursion depth is likely to
be 81, so this is unlikely to be an issue.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/