Re: [xsl] Multi-column Text floating around a graphic

Subject: Re: [xsl] Multi-column Text floating around a graphic
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 18:53:45 -0400
At 2007-09-06 22:51 +0200, rolf@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I've a multi-column page layout, basically

  <fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="partner">
        <fo:region-body column-count="3" column-gap="3mm"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>
  </fo:layout-master-set>

I want a graphic on a fixed place on the page and the multi-column text
floating around that grafix. Is that possible?

With XSL-FO 1.1, yes. In XSL-FO 1.0 there is no way I know of to accomplish your requirement.

If yes, how?

Using multiple body regions whose dimensions and locations take the columns around your image, and then creating a flow map that pours your content sequentially into each of the body regions.

I use fop 0.93, if that matters.

I don't know the features of fop 0.93 but if it doesn't support XSL-FO 1.1 with multiple body regions and flow maps, then I suppose it matters quite a bit.

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming public training: XSLT/XSL-FO Sep 10, UBL/code lists Oct 1
Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc