Re: [xsl] In Search of People Who Know About and/or Use the Document Function

Subject: Re: [xsl] In Search of People Who Know About and/or Use the Document Function
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:29:34 -0400
At 08:39 PM 9/6/2007, M.D. Peterson wrote:
I also think you have a point that there's really no way of knowing how
much client-side XSLT processing is happening.

Obviously not very scientific, but we should be able to at least derive some generalized figures via,

http://www.google.com/search?q=filetype:xsl+%22document(%22 = 21,100

so I think we can safely assume that the
above numbers represent a small fraction of the total number of XML and/or
XSLT documents that contain the various strings suggested above that are
accessible to Googles crawlers.

Indeed. I use far more client-side XSLT off line than on line, and know many XML/XSLT users who would say the same.

I keep my timesheets in XML. Sometimes being off the grid is a feature, not a bug.

Cheers,
Wendell