Re: [xsl] XML structure to HTML unordered list

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML structure to HTML unordered list
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 21:36:14 +0200
Colin Paul Adams wrote:

I don't see why not. It should not be too difficult to do.

I was once looking to use Parrot as a basis for extending Gestalt - so
any scripting language supported by parrot could be used. E.g. Perl,
Python, Amber, ...

But it turned out to be too limited - I couldn't get return values back..

Maybe SpiderMonkey would be a way to do it, then? That is written in C, has a very good track record (the JS engine in Gecko based browsers), can be embedded (or used standalone) and even has support for E4X (which fits neatly with the target: XML/XSLT). And indeed, then people don't have to bind themselves to their own host language but everyone can use the same language for extensions, which is a much better design choice than the awkward suggestions I was making earlier.

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma