[xsl] [XSL] XSL Browser Integration

Subject: [xsl] [XSL] XSL Browser Integration
From: Alain <alainb06@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 23:15:20 +0200
Thanks for your answers.
I forgot a precision with my question; I was asking for a solution with XML/XSL *only*. Of course if you add server side language or Javascript you can do it but then why would I bother learning XSL when I can do it with Javascript alone?
Im sorry for that politically-incorrect question, and I hope you dont believe Im so naive!
On the contrary, Im pretty sure XML/XSL *CAN* be *THE* future of the Web (client-side), meaning next /useful/ step after XHTML. Thats because XHTML doesnt bring much immediate benefit by itself compared to HTML4.01, whereas XSL does.

So the facts are:
- In *any* Web-related language (I know), client-side or server-side, you can access the URI or things like user preferred language without resorting to other programming languages.
- That is not possible with XSL (*alone*).
- There is no W3C or other organism (ECMA, ISO) normalization about XSL-browser integration, not even a draft.

The facts being even less politically correct than I am, I apologize in advance for the next question; but having stated facts, it becomes logical to ask.

Does W3C, and you, experts readers of this list, view XSL *MOSTLY* as a server-side technology?

Thanks for your interest to this subject.

Alain BENEDETTI

> _http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XSLT:PI_Parameters_ > > Michael Kay

That is nice, but you still need another language to feed in the params don't you ?