RES: [xsl] Hide and show rows

Subject: RES: [xsl] Hide and show rows
From: "Jonathan Dias" <jodi.exe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:49:32 -0300
I understood what you said, but I still don't know how to do it with
javascript and xsl
I know that I could parse all rows one by one with a onload event, but I
wouldn't like that
I am newbie in xsl, so I though on using a counter variable that would name
each row, then with javascript I would know what the user clicked with a
onclick event, but you can't increment or event touch a variable after it is
defined
Any help please? How would you do this?

Hi Jonathan,

If you want to do something in response to an user action, you have to
pass the information into the stylesheet by a parameter as XSLT does
not know about any user action.

If this is the only thing you want to change, then javascript is your
choice! Let do XSLT the initial work to format the page and after this
use javascript for the dynamic effects. If the javascript gets
overloaded with reformatting, then you might combine them and
dynamically invoke XSLT from javascript.

Manfred