Re: [xsl] Query regarding validating XML with DTD

Subject: Re: [xsl] Query regarding validating XML with DTD
From: "Eric Bréchemier" <eric.brechemier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:56:27 +0200
  Hello Deepak,

you (and your application) should not assume that data produced will
always be valid. The DTD is like a contract between you and the data
producer, that allows to check whether the received item matches the
specification.

You should definitely activate validation by default in production,
and I would even advise using stronger validation than DTD alone can
provide like XML Schema or RELAXNG.
For performance purpose, you could try to optimize the validation by
compiling the schema and keeping a pool of instances of the validator
alive.

Kind regards,

Eric Brichemier