Re: [xsl] extension to insert XML into a db

Subject: Re: [xsl] extension to insert XML into a db
From: "Colin Adams" <colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:20:52 +0000
On 21/01/2008, Mario Madunic <hajduk@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was wondering if there is an extension that can insert XML into a db. I know
> of the SQL extension that comes with Saxon but it only inserts strings and not
> the elements. I've been creating CSV's and then using ANT with BCP to get
> content that retains elements into SQLServer. It just seems to be the long route.

I don't think that an extension ought to be needed at all, but it
depends on the DBMS.

If the DBMS has a URI which you can PUT or POST to in order to insert
XML data, then you can just use xsl:result-document, if the XSLT
processor supports, or enables you to add support, for the URI scheme
in question.