RE: [xsl] The identity transform and all <a> links: xslt 1.0

Subject: RE: [xsl] The identity transform and all <a> links: xslt 1.0
From: "Marroc" <marrocdanderfluff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:00:20 -0000
That was hard... but worth it! Thanks guys.

I added an output DOCTYPE and and xhtml namespace as follows:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>
	<xsl:output doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";
indent="yes" encoding="UTF-8" method="xml"/>

Then I used template match="xhtml:a" and it worked fine. Maybe one day it
will be clear to me why - up until now, I've been using basic xsl without a
namespace declaration for the input tree (as shown in all the text books)
and it never had a problem finding things. If you'd care to explain that
would be great, otherwise, I'll leave it until I have time to re-read the
book.

Thanks again,
Richard

On 24/01/2008, David Carlisle <> wrote:

> > That's highly likely but not guaranteed from the code shown, because
> > it could be set using xpath-default-namespace.
>
> hint: read the subject line of this thread:-)

where...? oh yeah.... sorry

:)

So for the archives: "In XSLT 2.0 that's highly likely but not
guaranteed......"

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com