Re: [xsl] combining multiple documents

Subject: Re: [xsl] combining multiple documents
From: Steven Ericsson-Zenith <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:23:45 -0800
Thanks Andrew but that doesn't help me. I'm using 2.0.

Here is my test/use case, I have three files test.xml is the transformed document, include.xml is the included document and text.xsl is the XSL.

test.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="test.xsl"?>
<document
   file="include.xml">
</document>

include.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="test.xsl"?>

<document>
</document>

test.xsl:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
   version="2.0">

   <xsl:key
       match="extra"
       name="extra"
       use="@type"/>

   <xsl:template
       match="extra"/>
   <xsl:template
       match="p">
           <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </xsl:template>

<xsl:template
match="/document">
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when
test="@file">
<!-- This works because the extra is in scope -->
<xsl:for-each
select="key('extra','introduction')">
<xsl:apply-templates
select="child::node()"/>
</xsl:for-each>
<xsl:apply-templates
select="doc(@file)"/>
</xsl:when>
<xsl:otherwise>
<!-- But actually we wanted to pass the extra for use here in the second instance of "document" -->
<xsl:for-each
select="key('extra','introduction')">
<xsl:apply-templates
select="child::node()"/>