[xsl] XSL-FO Doctype Problem

Subject: [xsl] XSL-FO Doctype Problem
From: "Karl Stubsjoen" <kstubs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 19:40:57 -0700
My XSL-FO output is getting a doctype.  This is because the parent xsl
template declares a doctype, but I do not understand, if I have an
output of type xml at the fo template level, and I am matching on root
"/", shouldn't the doctype be snuffed?

Here is the top of the fo file, which breaks the fo to pdf generation:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE fo:root PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
- - - cut - - -

Here is what the top of my fo template looks like:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
	xmlns:wap="http://ade.az.gov/webapplicationtemplater";
    xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
				exclude-result-prefixes="xsl wap fo">

	<xsl:import href="../../../wap.codebase/documents.xsl/wap.xsl"/>

	<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" encoding="UTF-8"/>
	<xsl:template match="/">
		<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>

			<!-- defines the layout master -->
			<fo:layout-master-set>

Thanks for any help.  Oh, software specs:

C# .NET 2.0
ApacheFop.NET
J#
Latest Java Runtime