[xsl] RE: Using symbols for footnotes

Subject: [xsl] RE: Using symbols for footnotes
From: "Wei, Alice J." <ajwei@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:37:14 -0500
Hi,

  There is one simple thing you could do by marking the bullet points instead
of number, use what you have here.
   You don't even have to use XSL for this, if I am suspecting you are
exporting it to HTML first.

   You can just use something like

  <xsl:template match = "/" >
               <xsl:variable name = "footnote" >*</xsl:variable>
                <xsl:variable name="text"><xsl:vaue-of
select="."/></xsl:variable>
               <xsl:value-of select = "concat($footnote, '  ', $text" />
          </xsl:template>

However, without your input and output, I am not sure if this is the way you
really wanted it.

I hope what I have here helps.
Alice Wei
MIS 2008