Explicit sequencing in DSSSL

Subject: Explicit sequencing in DSSSL
From: Daniel Speck <dspeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 13:12:43 -0400
In working with Jade I have been finding myself lately wanting to do
something like the following:

(element foo
	(debug "here I am in the foo rule")
	(make ...))

(using James Clark's external debug function) but this is not
syntactically allowed. The closest I have been able to come is something
like:

(element foo
	(let ((junk (debug "here I am in the foo rule")))
	 (make ...)))

What I really want is the ability to evaluate multiple expressions as
part of a "body" as in the original Scheme language. I know that in a
side-effect free language such as the DSSSL expression language it
shouldn't be necessary to provide this but, as the above example
demonstrates, when functions with side-effects are added it can be
useful. So, does anyone know how to simulate, say, (progn ...) in the
DSSSL expression language?

-dan

--
Daniel Speck                              e-mail: dspeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Research Engineer                          voice:     +1 301.548.7818