Re: Paragraph breaks

Subject: Re: Paragraph breaks
From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 14:05:03 +0200 (MET DST)
On 1 Aug 1997, Dave Love wrote:

>  Norman> If Jade could pass the index terms through to the back end
>  Norman> (creating appropriately marked up hidden text in RTF and
>  Norman> \index{} entries in TeX), then the standard TeX index
>  Norman> builders would work fine.
>
> That's what I meant.  (In the case of TeX you need to get, say,
> `\makeindex' and `\printindex' into the output as well as `\index's.)

That is certainly a way to generate a formatted index that is available
right now, but I thought about moving the index processing from the
backend to the dsssl engine. If that is possible, it has some obvious
advantages over a makeindex solution, eg it works for all backends in the
same way and you can use all the dsssl functionality for the index
processing.

Regards, Matthias

--
Matthias Clasen