RE: problem with jadetex and pdftex (The DSSSList Digest V2 #88)

Subject: RE: problem with jadetex and pdftex (The DSSSList Digest V2 #88)
From: "Wroth, Mark" <Mark.Wroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 07:30:12 -0700

	On Tue, 14 Jul 1998 19:59:50 +0000,
> From: Gerhard Stenzel <stenzel@xxxxxxxxxx>
	wrote regarding "problem with jadetex and pdftex"

> I try to create a PDF file out of a DocBook file using jade, jadetex
> and
> pdftex. Everything works fine, as long I don't
> try to include a graphic element  of the following form:
>  <graphic entityref=3D"single" scale=3D25 align=3Dcenter></graphic>
> If this is present, pdftex complains about a font ectt1000. The log
> file is
> attached. The same file works without problems,
> if I use tex and dvips to create postscript files.

I suspect you've run into the limitations of PDFTeX in handling included
graphics.  PDFTeX
deals with a much more limited set of graphic file types/formats than
you might expect if you're
used to dealing with dvips.  In particular, IIRC, it doesn't deal with
much of anything except
PNGs without some serious effort -- and I believe that includes PS based
formats such as EPS.