RE: Generating a warning...

Subject: RE: Generating a warning...
From: Andrei Kaikov <andrei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 08:47:15 +0200
	 [Norman Walsh]

	> / Avi Kivity <Avi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
	> | (debug "warning: you have 10 seconds to self destruct") ?
	>
	> DDDDDUUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!
	>
	> Thank you, Avi.

	Remember that (debug) returns the object as well as echoing its
	representation to the console.  So you have to construct a
context in
	which a string is legal and won't show up in the document.

	I've gotten around that by wrapping the warning context in a
(let) or
	(let*), and setting some useless symbol to the debugging string.

	Yep. I think this the best way to implant debug's in the code
instead of sticking debug calls everywhere. I use this practic when I
need to find some infinite loop :-) ( Avi knows! )

	The only problem that I see is that debug throw its string to
stderr. If your processing contains more than just Jade calls and it's
sensative to error messages you fall out the train. Maybe the idea about
additional "analitic" pass is the solution. Did somebody implement
something like this?

	<?Andrei>
	andrei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx