Re: Beginner questions...

Subject: Re: Beginner questions...
From: Glauber Ribeiro <glauber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:58:20 -0500
Norman Walsh wrote:

[...]
> I'm sorry, maybe I misunderstood. If the exact same table is repeated
> five times, you can use an entity for that. When I first read your
> message, I thought you wanted to have the same table structure (say
> four rows and three columns) repeated in five places, but with different
> data in the cells. That you can't do.
>
> If you just want the same table repeated, use an entity:
>
> <!ENTITY mytable "<table>...</table>"

No, you understood it. Its several tables with the same structure and
same <thead>. I wanted to avoid repeating the common parts. I probably
could define the common parts (from <table> to </thead>) as an entity,
but this would look ugly.

Glauber

> &table; and &table; and &table, prints the table three times.
>
>                                         Cheers,
>                                           norm
> --
> Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>      | "Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted
> http://nwalsh.com/                 | his root directory.

Glauber Ribeiro --- Integrated Warehousing Solutions  (IWS)
mailto:glauber@xxxxxxxxxxxx         http://www.iws-irms.com
PGP keys available from certserver.pgp.com, pgpkeys.mit.edu