RE: sgml-parse and GC

Subject: RE: sgml-parse and GC
From: Peter Nilsson <pnidv96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 21:56:33 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Didier PH Martin wrote:

> Didier says:
> This is an interesting approach. If I understand you well, the grove itself
> is marked for caching or not. All users of that grove object do a addref on
> it, if ref is zero we can release it.

Every node has a refcounter. If you don't want to cache the grove, just
skip putting it into the has table of DssslApp. Then it will get released
when no one use it. The interresting question is *when* it will get
released...

> I'll work on this idea on paper.

The simplest way to test it is to comment out the line:
  groveTable_.insert(params.sysid, rootNode)

in DssslApp::load.

Too simple to make a patch, but don't do it in CVS, since the groveIndex
wouldn't be correct...

Regards,
/Peter Nilsson
--