Re: Unix login name and full name into output?

Subject: Re: Unix login name and full name into output?
From: "Jack Fitzpatrick" <jfitzpatrick@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 21:58:42 +0000
----- Original Message -----
From: Kai Großjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Unix login name and full name into output?

> I would like to include the login name and the full name of the Unix
> user running Jade in the Jade output.  How can I do this?  (OpenJade
> is also okay, but I don't know anything about that.)
>
> kai

Kai:
I think jade supports "-" for the stdin alias.  You might try embedding
a token, e.g. "!!user!!", in your document (file.sgml) and run something
like this (all on a single command line--mail agents will break this up!):

<SHELL>
sed "s/!!user!!/user name $LOGNAME otherwise known as`grep ^$LOGNAME:
/etc/passwd|cut -d: -f5`/" < file.sgml|jade -trtf -
<SHELL/>

Jack Fitzpatrick
Senior Technical Consultant
ADP